GIRTON STUDENTS TOP BENDIGO REGION: 2015
Girton Grammar School in Bendigo has topped the region for VCE results with a median ATAR score of 81 and 32% of its Year 12 VCE students ranking in the top 10% of the State.
Headmaster of Girton Grammar School, Matthew Maruff, said that Girton Grammar aims to be an Australian benchmark for excellence in Regional education with the achievements of students an important measure of success.
“This year’s VCE results are excellent and commensurate with VCE results for the school in recent years.
“Teachers and students have worked so hard and these results are just reward for effort.
“Our students have supported one another and tried their best, united by a camaraderie and common purpose.
“We believe that learning involves working in partnership with parents and nurturing the growth and development of the whole person, so our parents are also to be acknowledged in these great results,” he said.
Other VCE highlights for Girton Grammar are as follows:
- 6 of Girton’s students finished in the top 1% of the State
- 19% of Girton’s students finished in the top 5% of the State
- 32% of Girton’s students finished in the top 10% of the State
- 51% of Girton’s students finished in the top 20% of the State
- 8 students achieved perfect scores of 50 in individual subjects (Maths Methods, Further Maths, Literature, Systems Engineering, Philosophy, Psychology and Physical Education)
“We are a non-selective school and we aim for students and staff to exceed well beyond a level considered average.
“I am immensely proud that the desire to learn is so evident in this year’s VCE results,” he said.
Pictured: GIRTON GRAMMAR SCHOOL’S TOP PERFORMERS
Back row from left: Zoe Deed, Girton Grammar School Dux (99.9), Sacha Mann (99.75), Liam Murphy (99.7) with Headmaster, Mr Matthew Maruff.
Front row from left: Claudia Crawford (99.35) and Elizabeth Wiles (99). Not present, Tavish Eenjes (99.05)